Thursday, June 25, 2009

Thumbs-Up Michy: RIP Michael Jackson (1958-2009)


It's a regular morning so far. I pour myself a bowl of Honey Bunches of Oats and turn on the computer. Everything loads, and suddenly I get an instant message on AIM. "Michy, Michael Jackson's dead!!" I couldn't believe it. I didn't want to believe it, but it was true. The King of Pop was gone. My family basically grew up with listening to Michael, his music is timeless. My 60 year old grandma loves his songs, and my 5 year old sister is always dancing whenever "Beat It" is on.

Michael Jackson is considered the King of Pop for a reason. His dance moves and singing were unique. It was evident that there could be no other person that could duplicate Michael's style. He basically opened the doors for other artists to make music. Michael started it all. Since he has passed away, it seems like the end of an era. The future of music is bright however, and many musicians should strive to follow in his footsteps. Even though Michael had to overcome many obstacles, he still came out strong. People will remember him for his classical tunes and effortlessly gifted talent.

Rest in peace.

-More at thumbsupmichy.blogspot.com

3 comments:

  1. How did i know you were gonna write about M.J? :)Anyways, i was watching CNN when Wolf Blizter said "Breaking News, the king of pop is dead." I was like, WAHHHHHHHHHH???? It's kinda wierd how we didn't know him, but he affects us. I don't know how, but i guess you can say he's that influential. I remember Billie Jean was the first M.J song i heard:) Don't you think he was cute when he was in the Jackson 5? I do:))) r.i.p jacksonnnnnnnnn<3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, i also wanna mention how people should know how big of a humanitarian he was COUGHWEARETHEWORLDCOUGH. He spent like $$$$$$$$ on helping people. & i feel bad for his kids:(

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey there! I'm an old student of Mr. Bott's - class of 94' to be exact. He mentioned his staff had a blog so I thought I'd check it out. I just wanted to comment how I think it's great you appreciate and note the positive and timeless contributions of Michael Jackson. Even I, at the age of 33, am still learning and I could only hope to be as dedicated to something in my life as Michael was to his craft as an artist and entertainer. I commend you for writing over the summer and I look forward to reading everyone's blogs this summer and in the new school year!

    Regards,
    Tiffany

    ReplyDelete