Monday, August 24, 2009

Clearly Claire: (500) Days of Awesome

I walked into the theatre, sat down, and waited to be amazed. i had been waiting to see this movie for months and it was finally in Lodi. I have to say, that after the ridiculously idiotic trailers that played before the movie, I was scared that I had wasted $20 to see a cliche romantic comedy or, rom-com for short.

"(500) Days of Summer" was anything but cliche. I loved how original it actually was. It starts off by telling you that it is not a love story, and it actually comes through on that promise. It wasn't a love story. I had my suspicions that at the end the two would work out their differences, and they did, sort of. But it wasn't in the way you thought it was going to be.

The music was also pleasantly weird. If you didn't already notice from my previous blogs, I am very weird and this was just the right amount of weirdness. It was the weird place that you hit right before things get to be a little creepy, but I digress. The music added to the funness of the movie and offered that light and fluffy mood that went perfectly with the tone of the film. I loved how music played into the story line, such as, "There is a Light That Never Goes Out" by The Smiths added so much more that just background noise.

If you haven't figured it out already, I loved this movie. The characters were so sweet and cute, especially Tom (Joseph Gordon-Levitt). He made me actually jealous of Summer (Zooey Deschanel). The actors played their parts perfectly. the down-and-out wannabe architect that was tom was played beautifully. You really felt his struggles to get over his soul mate, Summer. And Deschanel executed her role just as lovely. I really began to hate her in the end, but still had to give her her props. 

This movie was amazingly offbeat and a definite addition to my DVD library. I can't wait to see it again. It is definitely worth seeing."(500) Days of Summer" was totally worth that $20 dollars I spent. 

1 comment:

  1. agree with you 100% keep up the good work love the topic

    ReplyDelete