Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Clearly Claire: Spiritless Week

I woke up this morning, excited, because today was all about 80's. I live for the 80's. It is, in my opinion, the best decade. I sometimes think I was born in the wrong decade. 

I watched the dance scene of "The Breakfast Club" in order to get in the mood. I put my hair into a side ponytail and walked out of the house ready to meet crowds with big hair, leggings, and neon colored- clothes, but I ended in a disappointed haze.

What happened to the elementary school days, where everyone in the class came in pj's on pajama day and multi-colored locks for crazy hair day? Well, wherever they went, they are sure long gone. I at least expected all of the leadership kids to be in their punk an d neon outfits, but not all of them were.

How do they expect me to have school spirit and get excited for homecoming, when they, themselves, cannot manage to even put their hair in a side ponytail or throw on a neon t-shirt. 

I do have to say, that I am not the most spirited. I forgot the first spirit day, which itself was not advertised very well, but even then all of the leadership students were not dressed. It is not that hard to dress like a boy.  To dress like a girl is a little harder, but all that is really needed is tissue, if you know what I mean.

I am not asking for every student to be dressed, because that is illogical. It wold be awesome, but illogical to ask that. I would just appreciate it if the people who came up with the days and yell at me in the hallway about my lack of school spirit would at least be dressed up (for not having dressed the first day). It that too much to ask?  

1 comment:

  1. Claire! the 80's wasn't the best decade! It was the 40's! Trust me, I was there. =D

    ReplyDelete